Last Update 2018-05-25
1. Information We Collect
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience with CablesAndKits. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Contact Information (for example an email address). You might provide us with your contact information, whether through registering an account on our website, another form on our website, or an interaction with our sales or customer support team. This information might include your name, phone number, address, email, etc.
- Usage information. We collect usage information about you whenever you interact with our website and our business. This includes which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you perform those actions, and so on.
- Device and browser data. We collect information from the device and application you use to access our services. Device data mainly means your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. If you are on a mobile device we also collect the UUID for that device.
- Information from page tags. We use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags to collect data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
- Log Data. Like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, device type and timestamps.
- Referral information. If you arrive at our website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Payment information. We collect certain billing information when you purchase something from us. You might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
Below are the specific ways we use the information we collect about you:
- To serve you and personalize your experience. We use information about you to serve you, including processing transactions with you, authenticating you when you log in, and providing customer support. We may use information about your purchases and site visits to personalize products and information presented to you on our website.
- For research and development. We are always looking for ways to make our website and overall business smarter, faster, secure, and useful to you and provide the products you need. We use collective learnings about how people use our website and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the website and product offerings. We also test and analyze certain new features with some users before rolling the feature out to all users.
- To communicate with you about your interactions with us. We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email, including confirming your purchases providing information related to them, responding to your comments, questions and requests, and providing customer support. We also provide tailored communications and support based on your activity and purchases from us.
- To market and promote our products. We use your contact information and information about the products you purchase to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you. These might involve new product offers, promotions and contests. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email.
- Customer support. We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter and respond to your requests for assistance.
- For safety and security. We use information about you to verify accounts and activity and to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights. Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions.
- With your consent. We may use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above.
3. How We Share Information We Collect
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may share information with third parties to market and provide products and operate and support the systems necessary to create your customer experience. If a third-party needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information. For example, we may engage third parties to:
- Provide website hosting, maintenance, backup, and storage
- Facilitate customers making credit card payments
- Enable packaging tracking and related alerts
- Deliver and help us track our marketing and advertising content
- Help us track website conversion success metrics
- Manage our sales and customer support services to you
- Collect and aggregate marketplace sales orders
- Conduct analytical analysis on customer buying patterns
4. How long we keep information we collect
Because we value our customer relationships, and strive to make your customer experience the best that it can be, we retain some of the information you give us for an indefinite period of time. This allows us to provide you with details about products that might interest you, notice of special offerings, and other information about our products and your account. Also, there may be instances in which we have a legal obligation to maintain the information you give us.
5. How we secure information we collect
We use secure data hosting service providers to host and store the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure any of your data stored on site in one of our facilities.
We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Transport Layer Security(TLS) software, which encrypts information you provide to us for purchasing of our products. We are PCI compliant and use only PCU compliant services to record and process your credit card transaction.
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. You can help us protect unauthorized access to the information you give us by making sure you log out of your account when finished using a shared computer We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
6. Which Information Can I Access?
CablesAndKits gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
7. Notices and Revisions
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. Those changes will be published on this website. We may email periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
8. Special Privacy Rights that Our European Union Customers Have Under EU Law
Effective May 25, 2018, European Union (“EU”) customers have certain additional rights that do not affect customers from other locations. If you are an EU customer, we have summarized those rights below, though we encourage you to review the relevant laws and guidance to gain a more complete understanding of these rights.
- You have the right to access your personal information. You may request a copy of the personal information that we have about you. The first copy will be free but we might charge a reasonable fee for additional copies. Please use the form found here to request a copy of the personal information we have about you. You may also request corrections or updates to your personal information using the same form. Alternatively, you may correct or update your personal information by logging into your account.
- You have the right to request erasure of your personal information. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to erase the personal information we have about you. Examples of those circumstances would be if the personal information has been processed unlawfully or our retention of your personal information is no longer necessary. However, your right to have us erase your personal information might be negated by other considerations, such as a legal obligation to retain your personal information or if that information were necessary to establish, pursue, or defend a legal claim. To request erasure of your personal information please use the form found here.
- You have the right to request that we stop using your personal information. If you believe that your personal information is incorrect or incomplete; if the processing of your personal information would be unlawful; if we no longer need your personal information; or if you otherwise object for personal reasons to us processing your personal information, then you may ask us to stop processing your personal information at any time by notifying us via the form found here. If you request that we stop using your personal information, then we would retain your personal information, but stop processing it unless (a) you removed the restriction on our processing it, (b) we needed to process if to fulfill a legal obligation, (c) processing your personal information were necessary to pursue or defend a legal claim, or (d) if processing your personal information were necessary in the public interest. Additionally, you have the right at any time to opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email.
- You have the right to data portability. You have the right to receive from us your personal information in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, and you have the right for the personal information to be portable to another entity. This right does not apply if your exercise of the right would infringe on the rights and freedoms of others.
- You have the right to file a complaint with an EU regulatory authority. If you believe that our processing of your personal information violates data protection laws, then you may complain to a regulatory authority that handles data protection issues. You may do this in the EU member state where you live; or the EU member state where you work; or, if you believe the alleged violation occurred in the EU, then you may complain to the regulatory authority in the EU member state where you contend the violation occurred.
9. Contact Us
Your information is controlled by AtlanTech Resellers Inc. doing business as CablesAndKits. If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to AtlanTech Resellers Inc., as set forth below.
AtlanTech Resellers Inc.
4555 Atwater Court, Suite A
Buford, GA 30518
Phone: +1 678 597 5000