10M LC-LC OM4 40G 50/125 Multimode Duplex Fiber Patch Cable, 10 Pack
click here to chat with a CK representative.
10 Meter | LC to LC Fiber | OM4 | 40 Gigabit | Multimode Duplex | Laser Optimized (50/125) | Standard Connector | 10 Pack
OM4 patch cables take all the benefits of OM3 fiber and increase the transmission bandwidth up to 40gbs, and in some cases 100gbs. OM4, like, OM3, is laser-optimized to give optimum performance and reliability. Unlike other old fiber types, OM4 has a higher attenuation that helps create lower losses over greater distances.
Fiber optic cabling is the medium of choice for longer distance and challenging cabling runs. These cables are thinner than copper patch cords and immune to EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) making them perfect for riser runs and uplink cables. There are two basic types of fiber cabling, single-mode and multi-mode. The cables listed here are multi-mode, but a special version which is laser optimized. These cables are manufactured using a process that eliminates manufacturing anomalies and conditions which cause the glass cores to be prone to modal dispersion when the transmission distance is great. Modal dispersion is the optical equivalent to EMI and causes confusion at the receiving end. The binary 1's and 0's cannot be differentiated. Inside these cables you will find three basic layers. Starting from the inside, you have the core which is surrounded by the cladding. Both are protected with the jacket on the outside. Multi-mode cables have a thicker "core size". The core size is simply the thickness of the optical fiber inside the cladding. The cladding is material that surrounds that core which basically serves as the boundary for the signal, keeping the light refined to the core and not allowing it to escape. The thicker the core size, the more refraction the signal exhibits, the more signal degradation that occurs and the shorter the distance an intelligible signal can transmit. For example, these cables are 50/125. 50 is the diameter of the core, and 125 is the diameter of the cladding, both in micrometers. Lastly, the jacket is the part of the cable you see. This layer protects the cable and provides easy identification based on its color.
LC connections allow higher density applications based on its smaller diameter. The LC connection, commonly referred to as Lucent Connection, Little Connector or Local Connector, is commonly used today for uplink modules and other devices. This connector is a "snap" type, has a ferrule diameter of 1.25mm and defined by IEC 61754-20.
SC connectors, commonly referred to as Subscriber Connectors, Square Connectors or Standard Connectors, are a larger, older connection type found in Cisco GBIC's. The design is rectangle allowing a higher density installation compared to even older, legacy fiber end types. The connector is a "push-pull" type, has a ferrule diameter of 2.5mm and defined by IEC 61754-4.
Uniboot fiber optic cables have two fibers carried through a single jacket with a lower profile boot, reducing the size and surface area of the cables when compared to standard fiber optic cables, but continuing to provide the reliable performance from industry standard connectors. Uniboot fiber cables reduce cable management requirements and allow for better airflow.
Push-Pull Tab connector fiber optic cables have a special tab that will allow easy insertion and removal of the connector without the need to access the boot or connector. The slim, low profile uniboot design allows this high-density installation cabling to be used with minimal cable management and save space in your network setup.
|Core Size||50 Micron|
|Cladding Size||125 Micron|
|Color||Aqua or Violet|
|Connector Types||Standard, Push-Pull Tab, or Uniboot|
|Jacket Material||PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)|
|Fire Rating||OFNR (Optical Fiber Nonconductive Riser)|
|Polish Type||PC - Physical Contact|
- 2000M (6562 ft) @ 100Mps (can vary depending on optical transceiver, modal bandwidth and wavelength)
- 550M (1804 ft) @ 1Gbps (can vary depending on optical transceiver, modal bandwidth and wavelength)
- 400M (1312 ft) @ 10Gbps (can vary depending on optical transceiver, modal bandwidth and wavelength)
- 150M (492 ft) @ 40Gbps (can vary depending on optical transceiver, modal bandwidth and wavelength)
Looking for other types of fiber? We offer a wide variety of Fiber Cables including different types of connector pairs, connector types, Premium fiber, and colors!
- OM4 LC-LC Aqua Fiber Cables
- OM4 LC-LC Aqua Fiber Cables Featuring Uniboot Connectors
- OM4 LC-LC Aqua Fiber Cables Featuring Uniboot with Push-Pull Tab Connectors
- OM4 LC-SC Aqua Fiber Cables
- OM4 LC-LC Premium Fiber Cables
- OM4 LC-LC Premium Fiber Cables Featuring Uniboot Connectors
- OM4 LC-LC Premium Fiber Cables Featuring Uniboot with Push-Pull Tab Connectors
- OM4 LC-LC Violet Fiber Cables
- OM4 LC-LC Violet Fiber Cables Featuring Uniboot Connectors
- OM4 LC-LC Violet Fiber Cables Featuring Uniboot with Push-Pull Tab Connectors
- OM4 LC-SC Violet Fiber Cables
|Whats the difference in the Optical Modes?|
|Whats is a fiber cable?|
|Why IT Pros Prefer Fiber|
Check out these great articles on Fiber patch cables:
- Fiber Cable Article - Introducing CablesAndKits' New Premium Fiber Cables
- Fiber Cable Article - What is the difference between OS2, OM1, OM2, OM3, OM4, and OM5?
- Fiber Cable Article - What is OM5 fiber and how is it different than OM4 & OM3?
- Fiber Cable Article - What's the difference between LSHZ and OFNR?
- Fiber Cable FAQ - 40GB (OM4) Fiber Cabling, Connector Types, & the Future of Cable Management
- Fiber Cable FAQ - Why IT Pros Prefer Fiber
|OM Rating||OM 4|
|Core Size||50 Micron|
|Cladding Size||125 Micron|
|Polish Type||PC (Physical Contact)|
Risk Free Purchase, Hassle Free Returns. AWESOME is GUARANTEED
After receiving your order, take a full month to try it out. If you decide it's not right for you, or if you're not completely satisfied in every way - if it's not AWESOME, we'll take it back and refund your money. Your complete satisfaction is GUARANTEED or your money back. That's Awesome.Awesome That Never Ends.
Everything you purchase from CablesAndKits is covered by a LIFETIME Warranty including a LIFETIME Advance Replacement Guarantee. The AWESOME never ends.
We understand that in the event of a product malfunction or failure long downtimes are not an option. If you experience a malfunction or failure with a product at any point during your ownership we'll ship a replacement the same day you report the issue. We'll even expedite the shipment if requested, with an effort to provide a delivery date and time that meets your needs. That's Awesome.
Terms and Conditions apply. Click here for details.