Cisco 2960S Series 24 Port Switch, WS-C2960S-24PS-L
click here to chat with a CK representative.
DescriptionBack to top
CISCO 2960-S Series | 24 Port | 10/100/1000 | PoE+ Support | 1RU
Flexible, secure and border-less, the Cisco 2960-S series of switches are designed to meet the needs of today’s mid-market and branch office networks. These Layer 2, EnergyWise gigabit switches are equipped with Cisco’s LAN base software and come in an array of configurations including 10/100/1000 desktop connectivity, dual-purpose uplinks, support for PoE+, Flexstack and multiple power supply options in supporting models.
Flexstack is a supported feature in the 2960-S series that allows multiple "stacked" switches to act as one logical unit. When stacked, switches achieve a full duplex, 10Gbps connection. To stack, both 2960-S switches must have a C2960S-STACK module installed and a CAB-STK-E-xxM cable connecting them. This configuration allows up to four switches to be connected together allowing a single point of management, redundancy and reduction in the TCO (total cost of ownership) by offering a scalable, build-as-you-go solution.
PoE+ (or 802.at) builds on the legacy of Cisco's industry leading PoE (802.af) and Inline Power legacy. This new power delivery method allows 30W of power per port to PD's (Powered Devices) as opposed to 15.4W with standard PoE. This decreases deployment costs and TCO by eliminating the need for power runs to the PD instillation location. Automatic power negotiation manages power consumption and keeps wattage transmission from the switch at the appropriate levels eliminating electrical waste. In addition, PoE+ devices are backwards compatible with older PoE 802.3af, so you get the best of both worlds!
Cisco EnergyWise architecture is another way CISCO 2960-S switches add value to your investment. This technology allows IT managers to measure, analyze and monitor the power consumption across the corporate network reducing power consumption and further eliminating waste. Cisco EnergyWise uses a proprietary, network based method of domain name queries to gather data and apply actions and rules.
The Cisco WS-C2960S-24PS-L provides 24 ports of PoE at 15.4W and up to 12 ports of PoE+ up to 30W each. The 24PS-L also has (4) 1 Gigabit SFP ports for up-linking.
- 24 Port
- PoE+ and PoE compliant (802.at and 802.af)
- Up to 12 ports of 30W (PoE+) and 24 ports of 15.4W (PoE)
- Up to 370W total PoE capacity
- 4 - 1 Gigabit SFP uplink ports
- FlexStack Capable
- EnergyWise Efficient
- LAN Base Image
- 88 Gbps Forwarding Bandwidth
- 176 Gbps Switching Bandwidth
- 64MB Flash/128MB DRAM (standard)
- 255 VLANs (Max)
- Forwarding rate - 41.7mpps (64 byte packet)
- 245,604 hrs MTBF (Mean Time Before Fail)
- RPS Ready
- AutoQoS (Automatic QoS)
- Stacking Master Configuration Management (for FlexStack)
- DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol)
- DTP (Dynamic Trunking Protocol)
- PAgP (Port Aggregation Protocol)
- LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol)
- MDIX (Automatic media-dependent interface crossover)
- UDLD (Unidirectional Link Detection Protocol)
- SDM (Switching Database Manager)
- ARP (Local Proxy Address Resolution Protocol
- IGMP (Internet Group Management Control Protocol)
- MVR (Multicast VLAN Registration)
- Storm Control (Per-Port Broadcast, Multicast and Unicast)
- Voice VLAN
- VTP (VLAN Trunking Protocol)
- RSPAN Remote Switch Port Analyzer
- Layer 2 Traceroute
- TFTP (Trivial File Transfer Protocol)
- NTP (Network Timing Protocol)
- CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution
- Cisco TrustSec
- Cisco Network Assistant
- Cisco Catalyst Smart Operations
- Borderless Networks
- 1.75 x 17.5 x 15.2 (inches)
DetailsBack to top
WarrantyBack to top
Awesome is GUARANTEED.
Risk Free Purchase, Hassle Free Returns. AWESOME is GUARANTEED
After receiving your order, take a full month to try it out. If you decide it's not right for you, or if you're not completely satisfied in every way - if it's not AWESOME, we'll take it back and refund your money. Your complete satisfaction is GUARANTEED or your money back. That's Awesome.
Awesome That Never Ends.
Everything you purchase from CablesAndKits is covered by a LIFETIME Warranty including a LIFETIME Advance Replacement Guarantee. The AWESOME never ends.
We understand that in the event of a product malfunction or failure long downtimes are not an option. If you experience a malfunction or failure with a product at any point during your ownership we'll ship a replacement the same day you report the issue. We'll even expedite the shipment if requested, with an effort to provide a delivery date and time that meets your needs. That's Awesome.
Terms and Conditions apply. Click here for details.