Cisco 3850 Series PoE+ Switch, IP Base
click here to chat with a CK representative.
DescriptionBack to top
Cisco 3850 Series | 24 & 48 Port | 10/100/1000 | PoE+ | IP Base Image | Stackable Data and Power | WS-C3850-24P-S | WS-C3850-48P-S
Technology is advancing every single day. What was once a wired world is now a wireless and cloud based networking environment. Just like your business changes over a decade, so does the technology behind the scenes. Cisco has seen the changing technology landscape and has answered the many questions that we ask ourselves as IT professionals. Can my wireless integrate to my switch? Why is there so many different devices to run my network? How much speed do I need? Can I bring my own device to my network? Cisco has gone above and beyond with their new Catalyst 3850 series of switches.
The new Cisco 3850 series switch is a new layer switch that allows for full wired and wireless junction on a single multilayer switch platform. Cisco’s new Unified Access Data Plane (UADP) application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) powers the switch and enables uniform wired-wireless policy enforcement, application visibility, flexibility and application optimization.This junction between wired and wireless is built on the Cisco StackWise-480 technology. The Cisco 3850 series switches support full IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), Cisco Universal Power over Ethernet (Cisco UPOE is not offered on all models), plug and play network modules, RJ45 and fiber-based downlink interfaces, and redundant fans and power supplies. With speeds that reach 10Gbps, the Cisco 3850 Multigigabit Ethernet Switches support current and next-generation wireless speeds and standards including 802.11ac Wave 2.
The Cisco 3850 will generate up to 40 Gigs of wireless capacity per switch (on 48 port models). Even when acting independently, each switch has the ability to support up to 100 individual access points and 2000 wireless clients. The Stackwise-480 technology will enable the switch to operate at a speed of 480 Gbps of stack throughput/bandwidth. The 3850 models have speed ratings based on the type of the switch. The 24 and 48 port version has 10/100/1000Mbps data, Poe+, and UPOE options. There is also a 12 and 24 port: 1 and 10 gigabit Ethernet SFP based models. Each switch has the option of adding an additional uplink modules. 4 x Gigabit Ethernet, 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 8 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet, or 2 x 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ ports.
Cisco's innovative wireless design has integrated the ability to BYOD or bring your own device. Each switch will have; integrated wireless LAN (local area network) controller, commonly used wired and wireless features, UADP (Unified Access Data Plane) ASIC for wired and wireless convergence, application visibility across both wired and wireless networks, and Hierarchical wireless QoS. Security on these devices will include; Native Flexiable Netflow, Cisco TrustSec/SGT (Securit Group Tag) for both wired and wireless, and Native MACsec encryption. The Cisco 3850 also as simplicity and SDN (software defined networking) for ease of use and set up.
The Cisco 3850 is also equipped with Cisco's popular StackPower technology. StackPower is an innovative power sharing and redundancy technology available on the Cisco 3850 series of switches. This configuration allows members of the stack to share in one of two power pooling topologies. The first, power sharing mode, aggregates then distributes the power among the stack. Power is dynamically allocated where it’s needed. The second, redundant mode, polls the stack, identifies the supply with the greatest wattage then reserves its use for failure. Power is then allocated to the stack from the remainder of the supplies. Once the reserved power supply is activated, the stack migrates to power sharing mode automatically. This technology eliminates the need for an external RPS unit and allows users to simply add another power supply for either redundancy or additional power to the pool.
- 715WAC Power Supply
- Compatible Modules: C3850-NM-4-1G, C3850-NM-2-10G
- IP Base
- Stacking Bandwidth: 480 Gbps
- Total Number of MAC addresses: 32,000
- Integrated I/O – 6 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) copper
- VLAN IDs: 4,000
- Total Switch Virtual Interfaces: 1,000
- Jumbo Frame: 9198 Bytes
- 1 Network Module Slot
- 3 Dual Redundant Modular Fans
- Optional Redundant Power Supplies
- StackWise-480 Capable (480Gbps throughput)
- StackPower Capable
- EnergyWise Efficient
- USB A port for storage and USB - B mini port for console connectivity
- The Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding (uRPF)
- Static Routing
- 2GB Flash: (4 GB on 12-port and 24-port SFP+ models, 8 GB on 48-port SFP+ model)
- DRAM: 4 GB (8 GB on 48-port SFP+ model)
- 1000 VLANs (Max)
- Switching Capacity:
- 176 Gbps on 48-port Gigabit Ethernet mode
- 92 Gbps on 24-port Gigabit Ethernet model
- 68 Gbps on 12-port Gigabit Ethernet model
- 560 Gbps on 24-port 10 Multigigabit Ethernet model
- 472 Gbps on 48-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet model
- FNF Entries:
- 48,000 flow on 48-port Gigabit Ethernet models
- 24,000 flows on 12-port and 24-port Gigabit Ethernet models
- Wireless Models:
- Number of access points per switch/stack: 100
- Number of wireless clients per switch/stack: 2000
- Total number of WLAN's per switch: 64
- Wireless bandwidth per switch: Up to 40 Gbps on the 48 port model and 20 Gbps on the 24 port model
- Supported Access Point Series: 3600, 3500, 2600, 1600, 1260, 1140, 1040
- AutoQoS (Automatic QoS)
- DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol)
- DTP (Dynamic Trunking Protocol)
- PAgP (Port Aggregation Protocol)
- LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol)
- MDIX (Automatic media-dependent interface crossover)
- UDLD (Unidirectional Link Detection Protocol)
- SDM (Switching Database Manager)
- ARP (Local Proxy Address Resolution Protocol
- IGMP (Internet Group Management Control Protocol)
- IGMP Filtering
- VLAN Registration
- VTP (VLAN Trunking Protocol)
- Dynamic VLAN assignment
- RSPAN Remote Switch Port Analyzer
- Layer 2 Traceroute
- TFTP (Trivial File Transfer Protocol)
- NTP (Network Timing Protocol)
- Equal-cost routing and load balancing (Layer 3)
- EEM (Embedded Event Manager)
- SLAs (IP Service-level Agreements)
- Private VLAN's
- Private VLAN Edge
- Multidomain Authentication
- Port Based ACL's
- SSH (Secure Shell Protocol)
- TACACS+ and Radius Authentication
- MAC Address Notification
- Multilevel security on console access
- BPDU (Bridge Protocol Data Unit)
- WTD (Weighted Tail Drop)
DetailsBack to top
WarrantyBack to top
Awesome is GUARANTEED.
Risk Free Purchase, Hassle Free Returns. AWESOME is GUARANTEED
After receiving your order, take a full month to try it out. If you decide it's not right for you, or if you're not completely satisfied in every way - if it's not AWESOME, we'll take it back and refund your money. Your complete satisfaction is GUARANTEED or your money back. That's Awesome.
Awesome That Never Ends.
Everything you purchase from CablesAndKits is covered by a LIFETIME Warranty including a LIFETIME Advance Replacement Guarantee. The AWESOME never ends.
We understand that in the event of a product malfunction or failure long downtimes are not an option. If you experience a malfunction or failure with a product at any point during your ownership we'll ship a replacement the same day you report the issue. We'll even expedite the shipment if requested, with an effort to provide a delivery date and time that meets your needs. That's Awesome.
Terms and Conditions apply. Click here for details.