15 Meters LC-LC OS2 Fiber Patch Cable, 9/125 Singlemode Duplex
click here to chat with a CK representative.
15 Meters OS2 LC to LC Fiber Cable, Singlemode Duplex
OS2 fiber patch cables are known for their outdoor use and for their loose-tube construction, compared to OS1's tightly-buffered design and indoor use, this allows OS2 fiber to transmit over longer distances. This also makes OS2 fiber cords best for use with underground and burial applications.
Fiber optic cabling is the medium of choice for longer distance and challenging cabling runs. These cables are thinner than copper patch cords and immune to EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) making them perfect for riser runs and uplink cables.
There are two basic types of fiber cabling, single-mode and multi-mode. The cables listed here are single mode. Inside these cables you will find three basic layers. Starting from the inside, you have the core which is surrounded by the cladding. Both are protected with the jacket on the outside. Single mode cables have a thinner "core size". The core size is simply the thickness of the optical fiber inside the cladding. The cladding is material that surrounds that core which basically serves as the boundary for the signal, keeping the light refined to the core and not allowing it to escape. The thicker the core size, the more refraction the signal exhibits, the more signal degradation that occurs and the shorter the distance an intelligible signal can transmit. For example, these cables are 9/125. 9 is the diameter of the core, and 125 is the diameter of the cladding, both in micrometers. Lastly, the jacket is the part of the cable you see. This layer protects the cable and provides easy identification based on its color. TIA-598C recommends yellow for single mode.
In addition, single mode cables are more "stable" as they are only thick enough to carry one wave of light. This eliminates distortion caused by overlapping light signals making them ideal for applications that require couplers or other branching devices.
LC connections allow higher density applications based on its smaller diameter. The LC connection, commonly referred to as Lucent Connection, Little Connector or Local Connector, is commonly used today for uplink modules and other devices. This connector is a "snap" type, has a ferrule diameter of 1.25mm and defined by IEC 61754-20.
Uniboot fiber optic cables have two fibers to carried through a single jacket, reducing the size and surface area of the cables when compared to standard fiber optic cables. Uniboot fiber cables reduce cable management requirements and allows for better airflow.
Push-Pull Tab connector fiber optic cables have a special tab that allows you to easily insert and remove the fiber cable when needed. The slim uniboot design allows this high-density installation cabling to be used with minimal cable management and save space in your network setup.
- Lifetime Warranty - Everything you purchase from CablesAndKits is covered by our industry-leading LIFETIME Warranty including a LIFETIME Advance Replacement Guarantee
- Easy Returns - You may return all or part of your order within 31 days for any reason for a full refund of the original purchase price.
- Same Day Shipping Until 8PM EST - As long as what you need is in stock and you place your order by 8 pm eastern time, we'll guarantee it will ship out the same day.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee- After receiving your order, take a full month to try it out. If you decide it's not right for you, or if you're not completely satisfied in every way - if it's not AWESOME, we'll take it back and refund your money. Your complete satisfaction is GUARANTEED or your money back.
- Lifetime Advance Replacement Guarantee - If you experience a malfunction or failure with a product at any point during your ownership we'll ship a replacement the same day you report the issue. We'll even expedite the shipment if requested, with an effort to provide a delivery date and time that meets your needs.
|UL Listed:||Yes - 94V-0|
Risk Free Purchase, Hassle Free Returns. AWESOME is GUARANTEED
After receiving your order, take a full month to try it out. If you decide it's not right for you, or if you're not completely satisfied in every way - if it's not AWESOME, we'll take it back and refund your money. Your complete satisfaction is GUARANTEED or your money back. That's Awesome.Awesome That Never Ends.
Everything you purchase from CablesAndKits is covered by a LIFETIME Warranty including a LIFETIME Advance Replacement Guarantee. The AWESOME never ends.
We understand that in the event of a product malfunction or failure long downtimes are not an option. If you experience a malfunction or failure with a product at any point during your ownership we'll ship a replacement the same day you report the issue. We'll even expedite the shipment if requested, with an effort to provide a delivery date and time that meets your needs. That's Awesome.
Terms and Conditions apply. Click here for details.