LC to SC Multimode Duplex 50/125 OM2 Fiber Patch Cable, 10 Meters
click here to chat with a CK representative.
|Length (in Meters):|
LC to SC Fiber Cable | OM2 | Multimode Duplex | 10 Meters | Ships Fast
Fiber optic cabling is the medium of choice for longer distance and challenging cabling runs. These cables are thinner than copper patch cords and immune to EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) making them perfect for riser runs and uplink cables.
There are two basic types of fiber cabling, single-mode and multi-mode. The cables listed here are multi-mode. Inside these cables you will find three basic layers. Starting from the inside, you have the core which is surrounded by the cladding. Both are protected with the jacket on the outside. Multi-mode cables have a thicker "core size". The core size is simply the thickness of the optical fiber inside the cladding. The cladding is material that surrounds that core which basically serves as the boundary for the signal, keeping the light refined to the core and not allowing it to escape. The thicker the core size, the more refraction the signal exhibits, the more signal degradation that occurs and the shorter the distance an intelligible signal can transmit. For example, these cables are 50/125. 50 is the diameter of the core, and 125 is the diameter of the cladding, both in micrometers. Lastly, the jacket is the part of the cable you see. This layer protects the cable and provides easy identification based on its color. TIA-598C recommends orange for multi-mode.
LC connections allow higher density applications based on its smaller diameter. The LC connection, commonly refereed to as Lucent Connection, Little Connector or Local Connector, is commonly used today for uplink modules and other devices. This connector is a "snap" type, has a ferrule diameter of 1.25mm and defined by IEC 61754-20.
SC connectors, commonly referred to as Subscriber Connectors, Square Connectors or Standard Connectors, are a larger, older connection type found in Cisco GBIC's. The design is rectangle allowing a higher density installation compared to even older, legacy fiber end types. The connector is a "push-pull" type, has a ferule diameter of 2.5mm and defined by IEC 61754-4
- OM2 Multi-mode Fiber
- LC to SC
- 10 Meters (32.81 ft)
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) Jacket
- 2000M (6562 ft) @ 100Mps (can vary depending on optical transceiver, modal bandwidth and wavelength)
- 550M (1804 ft) @ 1Gbps (can vary depending on optical transceiver, modal bandwidth and wavelength)
- Most commonly used to connect Cisco uplink modules and various other fiber modules
- Uplink and riser cabling
- Lifetime Warranty - Everything you purchase from CablesAndKits is covered by our industry-leading LIFETIME Warranty including a LIFETIME Advance Replacement Guarantee
- Easy Returns - You may return all or part of your order within 31 days for any reason for a full refund of the original purchase price.
- Same Day Shipping Until 8PM EST - As long as what you need is in stock and you place your order by 8 pm eastern time, we'll guarantee it will ship out the same day.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee- After receiving your order, take a full month to try it out. If you decide it's not right for you, or if you're not completely satisfied in every way - if it's not AWESOME, we'll take it back and refund your money. Your complete satisfaction is GUARANTEED or your money back.
- Lifetime Advance Replacement Guarantee - If you experience a malfunction or failure with a product at any point during your ownership we'll ship a replacement the same day you report the issue. We'll even expedite the shipment if requested, with an effort to provide a delivery date and time that meets your needs.
|OM Rating||OM 2|
|Core Size||50 Micron|
|Cladding Size||125 Micron|
|Polish Type||PC (Physical Contact)|
Risk Free Purchase, Hassle Free Returns. AWESOME is GUARANTEED
After receiving your order, take a full month to try it out. If you decide it's not right for you, or if you're not completely satisfied in every way - if it's not AWESOME, we'll take it back and refund your money. Your complete satisfaction is GUARANTEED or your money back. That's Awesome.Awesome That Never Ends.
Everything you purchase from CablesAndKits is covered by a LIFETIME Warranty including a LIFETIME Advance Replacement Guarantee. The AWESOME never ends.
We understand that in the event of a product malfunction or failure long downtimes are not an option. If you experience a malfunction or failure with a product at any point during your ownership we'll ship a replacement the same day you report the issue. We'll even expedite the shipment if requested, with an effort to provide a delivery date and time that meets your needs. That's Awesome.
Terms and Conditions apply. Click here for details.