Job Opening: Warehouse Shipping Associate
Have you been looking for the right opportunity with a fast-paced, high energy, fun and exciting, moving and shaking, “I love my job” type of company? If you said “Yes!” to the above and you have some rock star technical aptitude, then CablesAndKits might be the place for you!
About the Company
CablesAndKits is a privately-owned network equipment and network accessory dealer. We have had the honor of being on the Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies as well as being a two-time honoree of the Gwinnett Chamber’s Top 25 Pinnacle Award.
With a core focus on Cisco products, we have established ourselves in a niche market with strong roots in our industry. Our core product lines are networking equipment, cabling, servers, power products, and rack hardware-related items.
About the Role & Related Accountabilities / Deliverables:
Warehouse Shipping Associates are responsible for picking, packing and shipping orders. The ability to follow processes and attention to detail is important. Shipping Associates will also be responsible to help quality check orders pulled by others and will be responsible for keeping their area organized, clean and stocked with supplies. Having a desire to serve customers and peers, the ability to work well within a team, and the ability and desire to work quickly, with accuracy and consistently are important. We ship all orders received by 8pm on the same day they are placed and desire to "wow" our customers by serving them well. The right attitude makes a difference!Warehouse Shipping Associates are responsible for picking, packing and shipping orders. The ability to follow processes and attention to detail is important. Shipping Associates will also be responsible to help quality check orders pulled by others and will be responsible for keeping their area organized, clean and stocked with supplies. Having a desire to serve customers and peers, the ability to work well within a team, and the ability and desire to work quickly, with accuracy and consistently are important. We ship all orders received by 8pm on the same day they are placed and desire to "wow" our customers by serving them well. The right attitude makes a difference!
- Ensure all orders are picked, packed and shipped in a timely manner
- Quality check picked orders to ensure order accuracy
- Schedule large shipments with trucking companies
- Keep shipping area organized and clean
- Inventory and restock shipping materials when needed
- Help other warehouse team members when needed
The Perfect Candidate
We believe that specific behavioral attributes are part of a person’s core being. When they walk through our door, those attributes arrive with them. Consequently, we focus on finding the Right Person for the Right Seat on our team.
So, who is the Right Person? Please review the linked description of what we call The CK Way. When you read the description, did you feel excited that you might have found people that think and work as you do? Can you identify and describe life experiences where you personified these attributes, not for just a few but all of them? If so, please run (don’t walk) to see us. If, however, you felt even the slightest twinge of doubt or hesitation about whether you could measure up in such an environment, then we are most likely not a fit for you. Even with the best intentions, we are so unrelenting in living these attributes that misfits will find themselves increasingly uncomfortable and eventually leave.
Experience & Requirements
- 2+ years experience in a warehouse environment
- Experience in a shipping role a plus (not required)
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
- Strong technical aptitude
- High energy and the ability to be on your feet for hours at a time
- Ability to operate warehouse machinery such as box cutters, pallet jack, and forklift
- Ability to frequently lift, push, and slide packages weighing 50-75 lbs
Required Soft Skills
- Attention to detail – you will need to be both thorough and accurate in your work
- Ability to multitask – you will need to be able to do your work while answering questions from team members without feeling overwhelmed or unable to jump right back into your task
- Sense of Urgency – it’s imperative to act promptly, decisively, and without delay
- Communication – you will need to communicate with your peers, the team at large and those leading you clearly and effectively
- Positivity – attitude means everything when serving others, so you’ll always need to maintain a positive attitude
- Maintain a teachable and coachable mindset - we believe there is always something to learn or improve
- Starting pay is $13 - $18/hour based on experience, also eligible for a discretionary company performance bonus program
- This is a Full-time position.
- We offer a flexible, team-oriented work environment
- Benefits available on the first of the month following hire date include company-sponsored Long-term Disability and Life Insurance; Health benefits with company contribution, holiday pay, paid time off (PTO), and Voluntary Vision, Dental, and additional Life Insurance available. Eligible for 401(k) with company contribution after 90 days.
Schedule & Location
- The typical schedule for this role is 11:00 AM EST to 8:00 PM EST, Mon - Fri
- This role is located in Buford, GA
If you have read this far and remain intrigued about being surrounded by people who share these attributes with you, then send a written note (or even a short video) to email@example.com.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace, and all candidates must pass a drug screen and background/possible credit checks.