Job Opening: Supply Chain Manager (Sourcing | Purchasing | Logistics)
Have you been looking for the right opportunity with a fast-paced, high energy, fun and exciting, moving and shaking, “I love my job” type of company? If you said “Yes!” to the above and you have some rock star technical aptitude, then CablesAndKits might be the place for you!
About the Company
CablesAndKits is a privately-owned network equipment and network accessory dealer. Our mission is to help IT pros complete their projects on time, every time. From equipment to accessories, CablesAndKits supplies what IT professionals need and seeks to eliminate stress from their timeline by providing remarkable service, adaptive expertise, and a frictionless shopping and logistics experience.
With strong roots in our industry, we have established a niche market with a core focus in Cisco, Meraki, and Aruba products. We seek to continually enhance our core and auxiliary product lines, including networking, power, and rack hardware-related items. FInd out more about CablesAndKits HERE.
About the Role & Related Accountabilities / Deliverables:
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for building and managing the processes that get the right inventory in our door at the right time. In addition, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for leading, managing, and holding accountable the supply chain team. The ability to analyze data, make sound decisions, and to also be able to build relationships with internal customers and external vendors is important. Using algorithmic replenishment techniques requires clear communication with our business unit(s), good data input, analysis of the recommended purchases, and exception management as well as vendor and service provider relationship management. Inbound shipping strategy, process, and cost is also a responsibility of the Supply Chain Manager. We are looking for someone ready to serve our business unit(s) well, who can manage a remote team, who is cost conscious, and who enjoys relationship building and data analysis.
The Supply Chain Manager’s Key Accountabilities are:
- LMA (Lead, Manage, and hold Accountable their team)
- Build and implement a stocking strategy that is aligned to the BU distribution strategy
- Build and implement processes to ensure the right inventory arrives at the right time
- Manage inbound logistics strategy, processes, and cost
- Maintain efficient supply chain by seeking cost reductions and time saving solutions from vendors and service providers
- Onboard new vendors and manage existing vendor relationships
The Perfect Candidate
We believe that specific behavioral attributes are part of a person’s core being. When they walk through our door, those attributes arrive with them. Consequently, we focus on finding the Right Person for the Right Seat on our team.
So, who is the Right Person? Please review the linked description of what we call The CK Way. When you read the description, did you feel excited that you might have found people that think and work as you do? Can you identify and describe life experiences where you personified these attributes, not for just a few but all of them? If so, please run (don’t walk) to see us. If, however, you felt even the slightest twinge of doubt or hesitation about whether you could measure up in such an environment, then we are most likely not a fit for you. Even with the best intentions, we are so unrelenting in living these attributes that misfits will find themselves increasingly uncomfortable and eventually leave.
Professional Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience); in business administration or supply chain management preferred
- 2+ years experience as a leader or manager in a purchasing related role
- 5+ years experience in a purchasing related role
- Ability to lead and effectively train others
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to connect analysis to practical business improvements
- Proficient with the use of technology, including the ability to work in databases, proficiency in Tableau a plus
- Familiarity with import shipping processes and requirements a plus
Required Soft Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate across various levels of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Base salary $60,000 to $90,000 based on experience, also eligible for discretionary company performance bonus program.
- We offer a flexible, team-oriented work environment.
- Benefits available on the first of the month following the hire date include: company-sponsored Long-term Disability and Life Insurance; Health benefits with company contribution, holiday pay, paid time off (PTO), and Voluntary Vision, Dental, and additional Life Insurance available. Eligible for 401K with company contribution after 90 days.
Schedule & Location
- This role is remote with required travel to our Buford, GA offices a few times a year
- Currently seeking Georgia based candidates only
- Our business hours are 9:00 AM EST to 6:00 PM EST, Mon – Fri and this role would need to typically work those hours; flexibility is offered and encouraged
We are a Drug-Free Workplace, and all candidates must pass a drug screen and background/possible credit checks.
If you have read this far and remain intrigued about being surrounded by people who share these attributes with you, then send to Careers@CablesAndKits.com, a written note (or even a short video), telling us the character attributes, values, and interests that describe you and influence how you approach life and work. If you choose to do a video, which would score you points, whip out your smartphone and start recording. Don’t belabor video production quality. We will be far more impressed by the quality of your content than any slick video tricks. If you select to submit your input in writing, a page or so in length is sufficient. Whichever medium you choose, let your passion shine through. Include your name and the phrase “Supply Chain Manager” in the email subject field. Will not accept phone calls or faxes.