E-commerce Solutions Architect
Have you been looking for the right opportunity with a fast paced, high energy, fun and exciting, moving and shaking, on the way up, “I love my job” type of company? If you said “Yes!” to the above and you have some rockstar technical aptitude, then AtlanTech might just be the place for you!
About the Company:
Our Mission: AtlanTech is an architect of a portfolio of market-driven product-centric business units. We liberate entrepreneurs from the burdens of delivering on their promises, enabling them to solve intractable customer problems through exceptional product management, marketing, and channel management disciplines.
Our Purpose: To model for and inspire others in how they build and run their companies; to seek first the Kingdom, acknowledge our position of stewardship; seek the Lord’s guidance, and trust Him for the outcome.
Our Vision: AtlanTech aspires to combine remarkable service, adaptive expertise, and frictionless shopping and logistics to create unparalleled customer experiences across an extensive portfolio of Kingdom-minded businesses.
Currently our primary portfolio of businesses includes both CablesAndKits.com and Solature Worldwide LLC. With a core focus in Cisco products CablesAndKits.com has established themselves in a niche market that has given them strong roots in the IT networking industry. CablesAndKits.com continues to build both core product lines and auxiliary product lines including networking products, power products, and rack hardware related items. Solature Worldwide focuses on worldwide IT Deployment and lifecycle management for enterprise clients. Solature differs from other VARs as it places the most emphasis on Value and has served and deployed network infrastructure to 263 of the Fortune 500 companies globally.
About our Technology Ecosystem:
After 18 years of using a custom monolithic in-house ERP/E-commerce system (we’ve affectionately call “The Matrix”), we are moving to a distributed microservices architecture to help us further our Mission, Purpose, Vision and goals. We are currently in the process of implementing an off-the-shelf E-commerce Platform as well as an off-the-shelf Product Information Management system and will need help architecting and planning for other off-the-shelf systems to meet the microservices architecture.
About our Current Needs:
There are three distinct phases of needs.
- Transformation from our current state to the desired future state. This will include continued implementation of technologies and oversight of third party providers participating in the transition / implementation. Making decisions along the way about how processes and data flows should be designed, and working with external service providers and consultants to achieve success.
- Ongoing oversight, maintenance, and modifications / changes / improvements of the operating environment.
- Part of our growth strategy in future years involves acquiring other product based companies. Each acquisition will have legacy systems that will need to be first integrated and then data and work flows migrated to our core systems while supporting any custom, specialized, or proprietary systems ongoing.
Each acquisition and transformation will bring a new set of challenges and this should be exciting to you.
About the Role & Related Accountabilities / Deliverables:
- Oversee the architecture for the e-commerce stack including BigCommerce, Salsify, Celigo (IPaaS) system, custom written warehouse/order management/ERP system and all functional extensions and plug-ins.
- Understand the end-to-end e-commerce functional capability of the in-place systems and be able to design small enhancements and ongoing changes in CRM, Marketing, Helpdesk, Sales Tax, Inventory Management, etc.
- Oversee operations and monitoring of technology platforms to ensure smooth ongoing operations of the inhouse platforms and the Celigo interface engine.
- Manage third party developers and contractors to maintain and operate the custom codebase currently in use (called Matrix) including ongoing support, solving break/fix issues, and small enhancements.
- Engage with internal customers to understand business objectives and demonstrate the value proposition for new features, plug-ins, add-ons and other product management functions.
- Oversee all SaaS technology software applications including roadmaps, upgrades, data management, etc.
- Develop appropriate reporting capabilities and analytics in support of the e-commerce business.
- Drive technology projects from design, development, testing and implementation.
- Manage the technology roadmap to transition to a new Warehouse/Order Management System and then a new ERP system.
- Tentative timeline of current needs:
- Warehouse / Order Management System selected and implemented by June 2021
- ERP System selected and implemented by June 2023
Our Core Values:
- Honor Our Commitments
- Find A Better Way
- Do The Right Thing
- Make It About Relationships
- Be A Model
We believe that certain behavioral attributes are part of a person’s core being. When they walk through our door, those attributes arrive with them and those attributes reflect our core values.
So, who is the Right Person? Here is where you can help yourself and help us at the same time. Please review the linked description of what we call The CK Way. When you read the description, did you feel excited that you might have found people that actually think and work like you do? Can you identify and describe life experiences where you personified these attributes; not for just a few of them, but all of them? If so, please run (don’t walk) to see us. If, however, you felt even the slightest twinge of doubt or hesitation about whether you could measure up in such an environment, then we are most likely not a fit for you. Even with the best of intentions, we are so unrelenting in living these attributes that misfits will find themselves increasingly uncomfortable and eventually leave.
Professional Experience & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related field, preferred or commensurate experience in developing web applications
- Must be knowledgeable of Agile development approach and DevOps workflows and practices.
- Familiarity with Web Service architecture and deployment.
- Must possess maker skills - the ability to use simple tools to solve problems.
- Working knowledge of:
- Core LAMP stack components
- Common DevOps workflows and practices; including Git version and branch management and Unit Testing
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and all candidates must pass a drug screen and background.
If you have read this far and remain intrigued about being surrounded by people who share these attributes with you, then submit your resume to CK Careers.