Includes Accessory Kit (Rackmount Ears and Screws, Power Cable, and Console Cable).
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP)
- Port Aggeration Protocol (PAgP)
- Link Aggeration Protocol (LACP)
- Automatic Media-Department Interface Crossover (MDIX)
- Switching Database Manager (SDM)
- Local Proxy Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
- Multicast VLAN Registration (MVR)
- Unidirectional Link Detection Protocol (UDLD)
- Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)
- Voice VLAN
- Cisco VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP)
- Layer 2 Trace Route
- Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP)
- Network Timing PRotocol (NTP)
- Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol
- MAC Address Notification
- IGMP Filtering
- Cross-Stack EtherChannel
- IEEE 802.1s/w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP)
- Cross-stack QoS
- 802.1p Class of Service
Flexible, secure and border-less, the Cisco 2960-S series of switches are designed to meet the needs of today's mid-market and branch office networks. These Layer 2, EnergyWise gigabit switches are equipped with Cisco's LAN base software and come in an array of configurations including 10/100/1000 desktop connectivity, dual-purpose uplinks, support for PoE+, Flexstack and multiple power supply options in supporting models.
Flexstack is a supported feature in the 2960-S series that allows multiple "stacked" switches to act as one logical unit. When stacked, switches achieve a full duplex, 10Gbps connection. To stack, both 2960-S switches must have a C2960S-STACK module installed and a CAB-STK-E-xxM cable connecting them. This configuration allows up to four switches to be connected together allowing a single point of management, redundancy and reduction in the TCO (total cost of ownership) by offering a scalable, build-as-you-go solution.
PoE+ (or 802.at) builds on the legacy of Cisco's industry leading PoE (802.af) and Inline Power legacy. This new power delivery method allows 30W of power per port to PD's (Powered Devices) as opposed to 15.4W with standard PoE. This decreases deployment costs and TCO by eliminating the need for power runs to the PD instillation location. Automatic power negotiation manages power consumption and keeps wattage transmission from the switch at the appropriate levels eliminating electrical waste. In addition, PoE+ devices are backwards compatible with older PoE 802.3af, so you get the best of both worlds!
Cisco EnergyWise architecture is another way CISCO 2960-S switches add value to your investment. This technology allows IT managers to measure, analyze and monitor the power consumption across the corporate network reducing power consumption and further eliminating waste. Cisco EnergyWise uses a proprietary, network based method of domain name queries to gather data and apply actions and rules.
The Cisco WS-C2960S-48FPS-L provides 24 ports of PoE at 15.4W, 48 ports up to 7.7W and up to 12 ports of PoE+ up to 30W each. The 24LPD-L also has either (2) 1 Gigabit Ethernet or (2) 1 Gigabit SFP ports for up-linking via the dual purpose port configuration.
- Lifetime Warranty - Everything you purchase from CablesAndKits is covered by our industry-leading
LIFETIME Warranty including a LIFETIME Advance Replacement Guarantee
- Easy Returns - You may return all or part of your order within 31 days for any reason for a full
refund of the original purchase price.
- Same Day Shipping Until 8PM EST - As long as what you need is in stock and you place your order by 8
pm eastern time, we'll guarantee it will ship out the same day.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee- After receiving your order, take a full month to try it out. If you
decide it's not right for you, or if you're not completely satisfied in every way - if it's not AWESOME,
we'll take it back and refund your money. Your complete satisfaction is GUARANTEED or your money back.
- Lifetime Advance Replacement Guarantee - If you experience a malfunction or failure with a product at
any point during your ownership we'll ship a replacement the same day you report the issue. We'll even
expedite the shipment if requested, with an effort to provide a delivery date and time that meets your