Includes Accessory Kit (Rackmount Ears and Screws, Power Cable, and Console Cable).
The Cisco Catalyst 2960-S Series Switches with LAN Base provide the performance and availability that today's small businesses demand, as well as the intelligence to support business applications and security services. Switches are a key component of your network foundation and can improve the availability of critical applications, while protecting business information. The Cisco Catalyst 2960-S Series Switches are specifically designed for growing businesses that need to accommodate expanding services, and optimize network bandwidth and to assure the fast and reliable delivery of applications and services
- The Cisco Catalyst 2960-S Switches are reliable, secure, innnovative, enterprise-class Layer 2 fixed-confguration Gigabit Ethernet switches. The Cisco WS-C2960S-48LPS-L had a PoE budget of 370W and provides 24 ports of PoE at 15.4W, 48 ports up to 7.7W and up to 12 ports of PoE+ up to 30W each. The 24LPS-L also has (4) 1 Gigabit SFP ports for up-linking.
- The Cisco 2960-S is ideal for traditional desktop workspace environments, because it allows for deploying cost saving wired connectivity. Included QoS features as well as security features help limit unwanted access and mitigate threats to your network.
- Cisco SmartOperations which is included with the 2960-S comes with Cisco Smart Install, Cisco Auto Smartports, and Cisco Smart Troubleshooting allow for easier deployment that reduces and lowers total cost of ownership. The Smart Install enabls automed Cisco IOS software image installation and configuration when new switches are connected to your network. The Cisco Auto Smartports provide automatic configuration of switch ports as devices are connected. The Cisco Smart Troubleshooting provides several diagnostic commands and system health checks within the switch.
- Adding a FlexStack module to the 2960-S will allow you to stack additional 2960-S switches, with all sswitches in a stack acting as a single unified swtich. With the stack modules the FlexStack provides a unified plane, a single IP address for switch management, and a consolidated configuration
||48 x 10/100/1000 + 4 SFP
||Desktop, Rack Mountable
|Network Module Slots
|Power Over Ethernet (PoE)
||1.75" x 17.5" x 15.2"
|Jumbo Frame Support
|Min Operating Temperature
||23°F (up to 5,000 ft)
|Max Operating Temperature
||113°F (up to 5,000 ft)
||10 to 95% noncondensing
|Min Storage Temperature
|Max Storage Temperature
||10 to 95% noncondensing
- AutoQoS (Automatic QoS)
- Stacking Master Configuration Management (for FlexStack)
- DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol)
- DTP (Dynamic Trunking Protocol)
- PAgP (Port Aggregation Protocol)
- LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol)
- MDIX (Automatic media-dependent interface crossover)
- UDLD (Unidirectional Link Detection Protocol)
- SDM (Switching Database Manager)
- ARP (Local Proxy Address Resolution Protocol
- IGMP (Internet Group Management Control Protocol)
- MVR (Multicast VLAN Registration)
- Storm Control (Per-Port Broadcast, Multicast and Unicast)
- Voice VLAN
- VTP (VLAN Trunking Protocol)
- RSPAN Remote Switch Port Analyzer
- Layer 2 Traceroute
- TFTP (Trivial File Transfer Protocol)
- NTP (Network Timing Protocol)
- CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution
- Cisco TrustSec
- Cisco Network Assistant
- Cisco Catalyst Smart Operations
- Borderless Networks
Flexible, secure and border-less, the Cisco 2960-S series of switches are designed to meet the needs of today's mid-market and branch office networks. These Layer 2, EnergyWise gigabit switches are equipped with Cisco's LAN base software and come in an array of configurations including 10/100/1000 desktop connectivity, dual-purpose uplinks, support for PoE+, Flexstack and multiple power supply options in supporting models.
Flexstack is a supported feature in the 2960-S series that allows multiple "stacked" switches to act as one logical unit. When stacked, switches achieve a full duplex, 10Gbps connection. To stack, both 2960-S switches must have a C2960S-STACK module installed and a CAB-STK-E-xxM cable connecting them. This configuration allows up to four switches to be connected together allowing a single point of management, redundancy and reduction in the TCO (total cost of ownership) by offering a scalable, build-as-you-go solution.
PoE+ (or 802.at) builds on the legacy of Cisco's industry leading PoE (802.af) and Inline Power legacy. This new power delivery method allows 30W of power per port to PD's (Powered Devices) as opposed to 15.4W with standard PoE. This decreases deployment costs and TCO by eliminating the need for power runs to the PD instillation location. Automatic power negotiation manages power consumption and keeps wattage transmission from the switch at the appropriate levels eliminating electrical waste. In addition, PoE+ devices are backwards compatible with older PoE 802.3af, so you get the best of both worlds!
Cisco EnergyWise architecture is another way CISCO 2960-S switches add value to your investment. This technology allows IT managers to measure, analyze and monitor the power consumption across the corporate network reducing power consumption and further eliminating waste. Cisco EnergyWise uses a proprietary, network based method of domain name queries to gather data and apply actions and rules.